Jacques DeGruy, Member
- BA, History, University of New Orleans
- JD, Loyola Law School
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. Court of Appeal for the Fifth Circuit, 2004
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana, 2004
- All Louisiana state courts, 2004
- Greater New Orleans Barge Fleeting Association
- Mariners’ Club and Offshore Marine Service Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
Jacques DeGruy graduated from Loyola Law School in 2004, and immediately began a practice focusing on litigation, primarily in the areas of admiralty & maritime law, general insurance defense and asbestos defense. He has extensive experience defending cases from the investigation stage all the way through trial, with favorable results, in both state and federal courts and on behalf of a wide array of clients – from large insurance companies to mom & pop vessel operators. All of his clients get the same dedication and attention, no matter how large or small. Over the years he has tried numerous cases in both state and federal court, obtaining excellent results for his clients, and has “zeroed” Jones Act personal injury plaintiffs on multiple occasions. He also has extensive experience in negotiating charter agreements, master service agreements and other contracts on behalf of his clients to insure that their interests and livelihoods are protected in the event of an accident, injury or other disaster.
Jacques is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeal for the Fifth Circuit, the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana and all Louisiana state courts. Outside of the office, Jacques enjoys fishing, traveling, reading and spending time with his wife and three daughters.
- Admiralty & Maritime
- General Insurance Defense
- Asbestos Defense