Salvador J. Pusateri
- Loyola University of Chicago, A. B., Classics (magna cum laude), 1988
- Tulane University Law School, Juris Doctorate (cum laude) 1991
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- Louisiana State Bar Association
State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- New Orleans Bar Association
- The Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Ladnier v. REC Marine Logistics, LLC (E.D. La. 2015)
- Woodson v Rentrop Tugs, Inc. (E.D. La. 2013)
- Labove v. Candy Fleet, LLC (E.D. La. 2012)
- Badeaux v. Magnolia Fleet, LLC, 2011 AMC 1180 (E.D. La. 2011)
- Ellsworth Corporation v. Pete Vicari General Contractor, Inc., (La. App. 5TH Cir. 2008)
- Fields v. Pool Offshore, Inc., 182 F.3d 353 (5th Cir. 1999)
Preparatory Education, Loyola University of Chicago (A.B. Classics magna cum laude, 1 9 8 8). Legal Education, Tulane University (J.D. cum laude, 1991). Order of the Coif. Member, Tulane Moot Court Board (1989-1991). Admitted to Bar 1991, Louisiana; 2010, Texas. Admitted to practice before the U. S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, the U. S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas, the U. S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Memberships: American Bar Association (Member, Litigation Section and Young Lawyers Division), Louisiana State Bar Association (Member, Sections on Insurance, Negligence, Workers’ Compensation, Admiralty Law, Civil Law and Litigation), New Orleans Bar Association, Maritime Law Association of the United States, Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute (Chairman 2016), Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Mariners Club for the Port of New Orleans (President 2005).
Legal Experience: Mr. Pusateri’s practice includes defense of claims involving commercial automobile and trucking, marine, energy and toxic torts for primary and excess underwriters, major and independent oil companies, offshore and marine service contractors, local corporations and individuals. He is highly experienced in matters involving maritime and transportation excess liabilities. Mr. Pusateri also handles commercial transactions including negotiation of transportation contracts, master service agreements and vessel charters.
He has successfully tried numerous cases in both federal and state courts and in arbitration. These cases include personal injury and death claims for both marine and land-based transportation companies. Mr. Pusateri has also handled employment related disputes for various commercial entities. Specific trials involved claims arising under the Jones Act, the Longshore and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act, the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act, the General Maritime Law, insurance issues, construction disputes, vessel collisions and allisions, and commercial automobile and trucking accidents.
Mr. Pusateri has also prosecuted Limitation of Liability Actions involving major marine casualties including barge breakaways on the Mississippi River. Mr. Pusateri has spoken on numerous topics, including Jones Act, LHWCA and other employment related issues, the Louisiana Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Act, AIS vessel tracking and US Coast Guard investigations, both internationally and throughout the United States.
- Admiralty and Maritime Litigation
- Energy/Offshore Litigation
- Corporate and Business Consulting
- Maritime Contracts and Master Service Agreements
- Toxic Tort